RESPONSIBILITIES: This instructor is responsible for teaching Electrical Lineworker curriculum, curriculum development, scheduling, lab and equipment maintenance, ordering supplies and equipment, and assisting in student advising, counseling, recruitment and placement. Other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years lineman experience
- Evidence of teaching ability and/or previous teaching experience in a lineman or similar program
- Extensive electrical industry knowledge and experience in the construction and maintenance of Transmission and Distribution systems
- Ability to perform the following tasks: climb and perform work on utility structures, connect transformers, metering installation (both single and three-phase), hot sticking, underground installation, trouble-shooting and switching
- Must possess or obtain a Career and Technical Education Credential within six months of employment (approximately 40 hours classroom time)
- Strong interest in laboratory-based teaching, be committed to highest quality teaching, responsive to changing industry expectations, and support our strong community relations
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication, mathematical and electrical theory skills
Finalists will be asked to demonstrate their technical and instructional skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field
- Supervisory experience
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, faculty appointment. This position works the academic year, mid-August to mid-May.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete application must be received by June 20, 2016.
APPLICATION: Submit a cover letter describing qualifications and experience as they relate to the specific requirements, responsibilities, and preferences of this position, current resume, a copy of transcripts for all degrees completed (official transcripts will be required upon hire), the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references, and the following completed forms:
WCCC Technical Instructor – Electrical Lineworker Search Committee
Human Resources, LHH 237
Colorado Mesa University
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, Colorado 81501-3122
Phone: 970 248-1820
Alternatively, electronic applications are accepted at CMUJobs@coloradomesa.edu. If using this method of application, please put the search name in the subject line to ensure that your materials are forwarded to the appropriate search file. Electronic application materials must be submitted as a .pdf or Word document (no size limit). Electronic materials submitted in any other format will not be accepted. Please do not copy and paste application materials into the body of your email; send materials as attachments.
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.